Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

SPORTS NEWS: Plaxico Burress Home after 2 year sentence.


Burress pleaded guilty in August 2009 to attempted criminal possession of a weapon and was sentenced to two years in prison. He was released about three months early for good behavior.


Burress will be on parole for two years. He has to get and keep a job, undergo substance abuse testing, obey any curfew established by his Florida parole officer, support his family and undergo any anger counseling or other conditions required by his parole officer.


It didn't take long for friends and former teammates to transmit their good wishes.

In response to a tweet that said: 'Just In!. Plaxico Burress Just Released from Jail!'' former Giants star Michael Strahan responded: ''About time!!''


Despite the intensity of the NBA finals, even LeBron James took a moment to tweet: ''Welcome home Plaxico! Best of luck in the near future both on and off the field. 17 Jersey coming to a city near u.''


''I just want to thank God for bringing me through one of the most trying times in my life,'' Burress said in a brief exchange with reporters outside Oneida Correctional Facility in central New York. ''It's a beautiful day. It's a beautiful day to be reunited with my family. I want to go home and spend some quality time with them.


''I'd like to thank everybody for their prayers and words of encouragement,'' Burress said as the fog-shrouded morning gave way to brilliant sunshine. ''I'd like to thank all my fans all around the world for the thousands of letters, for their unwavering support. As far as football is concerned, if and when everything gets settled, when they get back on the field, I'll be ready.''




0 comments:

Post a Comment

,