Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

MAG COVERS: Jada Pinkett-Smith & Garcille Beauvais


The Smith clan is a multimillion-dollar enterprise. While superstar Will may rule the marquee, make no mistake: Mrs. Smith is running things. Entering the third season of her TNT series, HawthoRNe, JPS talks family, career, sacrifice, and the future. 

Jada Pinkett Smith says she’s always been a warrior, but that’s always been just one part of her:
“Sometimes you have to live who you’re not, to know who you are,” she says.
“That same girl you saw in Menace is the same girl who even then was listening to metal. But nobody knew that. If you talk to the Queen Latifahs and the Tupac Shakurs, they’d say, ‘Of course!’ I’ve always been a lot of things.”


In related news, the third season of Jada’s hit TNT series, HawthoRNe will air on June 14th.
 


 ------------------------------------------------------------ 

Actress Garcelle Beauvais is covering this week’s edition of Jet magazine. The 44 year old star of the TNT dramedy “Franklin & Bash,” talks candidly about losing her mother, becoming a single mom and picking up the pieces after discovering her husband had been having an affair for five of the nine years they were married.

On her feelings when she discover her husband cheating:
I couldn’t believe this was happening to me. Not because I am special, but because I have such high regard for people, especially the people in my ife. When I love, I love deeply. When I trust, I trust deeply. I wasn’t this wife that was in complete denial. I think he presented himself a certain way that allowed me to have full faith in him.

On moving forward and future outlook:
I’m an optimistic person by nature…I cannot believe that this has happened to me and there isn’t something better coming my way. Life takes you where you need to go. There’s gotta be hope otherwise there’s no reason to get up the next morning.
To read more of Garcelle’s interview you can pick up this issue of Jet on newsstands now.
Garcelle’s new show can be seen on TNT Wednesday night’s at 9pm EST.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

,