Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

MAG SCANS: Amy Winehouse (1983-2011) on VIBE's Juice Issue



We premiered Vibe's JUICE cover with Kelly Rowland gracing the cover a few days ago, now here's the second soon to be released issue, which features the late Amy Winehouse. Read an exclusive excerpt below from the singer's closest confidante.

GOOD MATES
SALAAM REMI: LAST DAYS WITH AMY


I’m in London now. I’m out here because [Amy and I] were supposed to go to a wedding today. And before I could get to her yesterday she passed. We were going to the wedding of Nick Symansky, who is the person who really found her. He found her when he was a scout at 19. And he was the manager before they got the Universal deal.

They went ahead with the wedding. All I could do was sit there and imagine how many jokes she would have been cracking with me. We were in the middle of working on the album. She finished writing the record. We just hadn’t recorded.

For the last couple of weeks we were video chatting regularly. I was just talking to Nas. Both her and Nas were born on September 14, so we were going to Barbados with all of them for her birthday. She really doesn’t look forward to her birthday, you know what I’m saying?

**For the rest of Salaam’s as told to on his last days with Amy as well as other exclusive content pick up the issue on August 16
.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

,