Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

ALICIA KEYS ON NEW 'ESSENCE' COVER


Grammy- Awarding winning songstress Alicia Keys covers Essence's June 2011 issue.

Alicia tells the mag:

“Falling in love is such a force, but this is a whole other level of magic.”

On music, marriage and motherhood: “I was very closed for a long time. But I feel so open now. To feel open like this means you’ve found the center in yourself. You’re not hiding; you’re not worried about anything. Everything’s going to be just fine.”

On dedicating a song to her mom: “In the past, I’ve written mostly from my own perspective. But I just wrote a song for my next album that was inspired by a conversation I had with a man who was expressing how indebted he feels to God. He said, ‘I owe God.’ Now, what an interesting thought. And as much as I believe in God, for me that translated into how much I owe my mother for who I am. So I went home and I wrote I Owe You. It’s dedicated to her…”

Alicia Keys has the 10th anniversary release/collector’s edtion of her debut album “Songs In A Minor” coming out later this month.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

,