Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

MAG SCANS: Nicki Minaj Looks....On The Cover Of TEEN VOGUE




Nicki Minaj looks young and fabulous, screw faced on the cover of June/July issue of Teen Vogue magazine. Her upcoming big performance will at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards on May 19th. Check out a few excerpts of her interview from the issue below!

On the music biz: “People treat this business like it’s high school. It can absolutely feel like one big popularity contest, and you know what? I can’t be bothered. I can’t allow myself to play ridiculous games with grown adults in the industry. I can’t be nice to someone just because they’re hot right now. I can’t do it.”

On her rough childhood: “Every time my parents fought, my mother would have us move and I would have to go to a new school, which meant I’d have to face the task of making new friends. I dreaded it. I had butterflies in my stomach each time: Are people going to like or hate me? … Sometimes there’d be a fight, sometimes not. I let people know I wasn’t going to be pushed around.”

On social media: “I used to read the bad things people said about me. Then I asked myself, ‘Why am I reading that when I have millions of people saying great things?’ You cannot give negativity power. I tell teens, if you’re having a problem, there’s nothing wrong with deleting your social media. If people keep taunting you and you keep reading it, it’s poison.”




0 comments:

Post a Comment

,