Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

MUSIC NEWS: Lil Mama casted as Lisa 'Left Eye' Lopes in new TLC Biopic


TLC fans will be thrilled to learn that the VH1 biopic about the '90s R&B supergroup is moving forward with production for real, this time: One of the main stars has already been cast.

Lil Mama, best known for her cutesy teen hit "Lip Gloss" (okay, and that time she jumped onstage next to Jay-Z during the MTV VMAs), will portray fiery rapper Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, MC Lyte revealed at the VIBE Impact Awards on Friday.

"I don't know if I'm supposed to say, but I will," Lyte teased. "She just got the role of Left Eye in TLC's new movie."

Lil Mama appeared to confirm the news via Twitter, retweeting messages of congratulations from her fans.

While I am not too keen on her acting skills I am sure Lil Mama will bring her 'A' Game. She definitely has the look and flow.  Some people are not too happy about this pairing and have already started a petition to boycott her from playing the role. 


What are your thoughts?

1 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I recently discovered your blog and you have many enjoyable articles and interesting reviews! I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing some of your posts on Glipho? It's a new social blogging network which aims to promote the writing of its users and to build their audiences. I bet that our users would love to read your stuff!

    Glipho is a new social publishing engine which allows users to quickly upload their content. You can check the popularity of your writing through your profile, which enables you to see which of your posts people are reading and sharing via their own social networks. A great way to get exposure! In additional, you are able to import the posts from your blog in a super-easy way without affecting it at all.

    I'd suggest having a look at the site at http://glipho.com to see what it looks like.
    Let me know if you have any questions and if you want an invite to set up an account! I hope you will join our Glipho community soon

    All the best,

    Maite

    ReplyDelete

,