Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

MUSIC NEWS: Eve Set To Drop New Album, LIP LOCK on May 14




The Philly raptress, who is dating British entrepreneur Maximillion Cooper, dished on her love life and her first album in over 10 years, Lip Lock, due May 14.

“I feel like a new artist,” said Eve, who reflected on how the game has changed since she released her last album Eve-Olution in 2002.

On the mixed response to her first single “She Bad Bad”: “I could have put out another record. I have a record that sounds kinda like ‘Tambourine.’ I didn’t want to do something that ya’ll already heard from me because what’s the point. I’ve been away so long. Even if you didn’t like it, at least you were talking about it.”


On Azealia Banks: “I like her wordplay. I think she actually can rhyme, I just don’t like the drama. That bothers me. …. [Asks someone in her camp] Didn’t we try to holler at her? I think she might have been one of the ones that was like, ‘I think I’m busy.’ She was doing her thing and poppin’, so it could be that.”

On the camaraderie in hip-hop: “I think girls should stick together, but it ain’t like that.”

On Nicki Minaj: “It’s not all my cup of tea, but I’m proud of her. I don’t know her, but she’s doing her thing. You can’t be mad at that. You can’t hate on someone that’s successful. That’s just stupid.”

On Lip Lock: “If it flops, I’ma be mad, but it ain’t gonna stop me from ever going back in the studio.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

,