Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

MAG SCANS: Dawn Richard for PYNK Magazine



The lovely Dawn Richard graces the pages of Pynk magazine. Perfect for Summer! The songtress who received a BET Awards 2012 Nomination alongside her former group Diddy-Dirty Money for best group of 2012, discusses her career, personal style and industry crushes,and various other topics. Excerpts and more photos below. 




  • Where do you see your music career going in the next 5 years?

Dawn: “I would hope that my music reaches the masses without losing anyone in the process. I think musically when people listen to this RnB and watch the dance that goes along with it the movements are a little bit more moving, than when people simply listen to other RnB.  I hope that the word innovative would be used a lot. I hope that after people have seen the same thing over and over again,  their eyes will be open to something different. I am a storyteller, and I would love to be telling who I am while continuing to push the envelope through my music.”

 

  • What has been one of the most memorial moments in the your music career? 

Dawn:“There are so many moments, I have had an amazing timeline of events. I think the time when I made the group Dainty Kane, as well as the time I got to work with Legend Grace Jones.”


  • On personal style
“I am a huge fan of pushing the envelope, I am a hippy at heart. I enjoy mixing different prints and patterns together.”


  • On her crushes?
“Zoe Kravitz,  I love her acting, style, and modeling career. Zoe Saldana is another one of my crushes.”
  • On man crush
James Dean  if he were still existent he would be my man crush. He provided a sense of inspiration in fashion, and really defined the ultimate cool, to be the choices I make in my old world.”
via ChicLov3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

,