Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: VH1's Behind the Music: BRANDY

On last nights VH1's "Behind the Music ", a teary-eyed Brandy finally opens up about one of the most devastating incidents in her life.

"I would hear what people would say, and still to this day they know that that's a button," Brandy says. "They know that they can call me a murderer or call me someone that killed someone. They know that is a button for me. A murderer is someone who premeditates it. I didn't wake up that day to be involved in a fatal car crash. I didn't plan for that. And if I could take it back, I would."


In December 2006, the singer was involved in a fatal car accident in California resulting in the death of Awatif Aboudihaj. The Los Angeles city attorney's office ultimately concluded that there was "insufficient evidence" to convict Brandy of misdemeanor vehicular manslaughter after a series of investigations and being hit witha $50 million lawsuit.

Brandy expands on dealing with the aftermath of the tragedy on "Behind the Music".

" I just wanted people to know that this wasn't news. It's not something that should be talked about like it's gossip. You don't like me? Fine. But don't use this situation to try to hurt me, because the guilt of being involved is enough. It's something that I'll never truly, truly get over. Ever," she explains.

Check out the full episode of "Behind the Music," starring Brandy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

,