Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

MAG COVERS: ADELE SHOOTS WITH 'Q' MAGAZINE

Adele graces the cover of Q’s 300th issue. Adele may have the #1 single and album on the Billboard charts right now, as well as the biggest selling album of 2011, but she’s not about to become a sell-out. Or at least that’s what she’s telling Q (via The Independent).

1. No advertising tie-ins: “I think it’s shameful when you sell out,” she says. “It depends what kind of artist you wanna be but I don’t want my name anywhere near another brand. I don’t wanna be tainted or haunted.”

2. Avoid over-exposure: “I don’t want to be in everyone’s face. I’m a big music fan and I get really pissed off when it gets like that … and I don’t want people to get like that with me.”

3. No re-releases – if she can help it: “I was furious when they did that on 19. I said ‘No’ and they did it anyway. Just mugging off your fans.”

4. Don’t do it for the money: “I like things now I’ve got it but I’d still be alive and healthy and a good person if I didn’t have money. But if I was money-driven, I’d be very excited by the money coming in. I’d be the face of full-fat Coke. Get another million in the bank!”

5. Have other goals in life outside of music: “I honestly don’t feel like I’m here to be a singer, I feel like I’m here to be a mum. I wanna look after someone and be looked after, give my all to someone in marriage and have a big family, have a proper purpose.”

Love how straightforward she is. Make sure to purchase your copy of both her albums!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

,