Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

MAG COVERS: Adele covers 'OUT' Magazine

British songstress Adele dons the cover of Out Magazine’s latest issue, where she touched on a range of topics from her albums, maintaining her identity, insecurities and much more. Below are some excerpts.

Maintaining her Identity…”I’ve met people I admire, and people I don’t admire who are completely affected by their success, and I fucking hate them,” she says. “There’s so many people who believe their own hype and treat people like shit, and if I was ever like that I would absolutely stop doing what I’m doing for a while and go and find myself again. I find it grotesque when people change because of it, but maybe it’s because they’re not as good at keeping in contact with the people who love them for a reason.”

Insecurities…”I get a lot of mail from people who tell me that I make them really happy to be themselves, and really comfortable with who they are, which I love,” she says. “I would hate it if someone was, like, ‘I wish I was you’ because I’m as insecure about myself as the next person.” In what way? “Just that I’m not good enough — in my music, in my relationships, and that I’m never going to be brave enough to tell someone how I feel.

Current and Forthcoming album…”The difference between the first and second album is that I was more philosophical about it all the second time, and I’m hoping that if I’m happy I can embrace it enough to write a record about it…It would be fucking awful if my third album was about being happily settled down, and maybe on my way to being a mom, and all the critics were, like, ‘Yeah, it’s fucking shit. Can you be miserable, please?’ And all the fans were going, ‘I just don’t like you anymore. I don’t bond with you anymore.’”
Read the full interview on Out.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

,