Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

VIDEO PREMIERE: Katy Perry - 'WIDE AWAKE'




Katy Perry was on a mission when she sat down to write her new single, the dreamy ballad "Wide Awake." Full of imagery about moving on from a tough situation, according to Perry, the song is the perfect way for her to end her Teenage Dream era. It is also a track she wrote specifically for her July 5 movie release, 
"Katy Perry: Part of Me."

"I love this song so much," she told MTV News. "It was a song that I hadn't written for Teenage Dream. I was doing this movie and they asked me if I wanted to write an end-title song for the movie and I was like, 'I know exactly what I want to say.' I was really kind of dying to write another song at that point. I didn't want to wait until I did a whole new record, and it's kind of the perfect last word of me at this moment."

I personally think this song was about the failed marriage between her and Russell Brand. Nonetheless, i think the message in this song is dope & the track is definitely on my playlist. Take a look at Katy in action below!!



1 comments:

,